Why Become a Member of BSHAA?
- Access your free CPD PORTAL app, an easy way to manage and record your continuous professional development. You can access details of our conferences and professional development days (not run by manufacturers), our great new PODCASTS by Dr. Elizabeth Adesugba, our FREE professional development webinars, our BSHAA guidance documents and lots more learning materials online and face to face.
- Free medical malpractice and individual public liability cover – as defined on this page. NB: Our insurance benefit is available to HCPC-registered HADs and – others IF they work for/with an HCPC-registered member. Further details available on request. T&Cs apply.
- Use the letters MSHAA after your name, and FSHAA if you become a Fellow – the highest level of BSHAA membership. Display the BSHAA logo in your business advertising, a sure way of letting customers know about your commitment to the highest professional values. New for Autumn 2021 – free publicity / promotion materials.
Free Membership of our Customer Care Scheme – invaluable support if things go wrong.
- Feature in our Find An Audiologist tool – a searchable map for members of the public to find their nearest BSHAA member with detailed member links and options to upgrade your listing.
- List your job vacancies, find jobs and opportunities; list items for sale, items wanted. Find friends and colleagues.
- Receive regular copies of BSHAA People, Our magazine (online and print) for members, packed with the latest news, great articles, research and developments.
- NEW: Access to BSHAA email helplines on career, education, technical, business start up and more.
- Voting rights.
- Support our joint co-operation with other bodies, such as BAA, BSA, AIHHP.
- Volunteer to help with BSHAA projects – influence your profession.
- We are the officially recognised professional body, representing over 1800 independent and corporate audiologists in the UK, Ireland and across the world.
- We believe in delivering the highest level of audiology care by helping our members to access the highest standards in CPD training and education.
- Our vision is to represent and advocate for the whole of the private audiology sector – so to represent all of us and ensure our services are available to everyone.
MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS & OFFER CODES
We want to help members that contribute to the society. The most straight-forward gesture than can be made is to reduce your renewal fee next time.
Our aim is to encourage you, our members to interact with us and your fellow members on social media and to spread the word about how important it is to be a member of your professional body – never has it been so important in these challenging times.
The maximum discount attainable is equivalent to 100% of 1 year of the current renewal fee.
On all the above incentives, BSHAA council’s decision is final. In any case, a maximum £199 discount is claimable in any one membership year (September 1st to August 31st) by each member.
- FIRSTYEAR coupon to get 50% off your first year as a full member, IF you were already registered as a student member and tell us within 30 days of qualifying.
- PARENTING – if you are taking 6+ months off work, let us know (up to 75% discount).
...to People Online Magazine. Any article we publish from you will be rewarded with a £100 discount on your next renewal. This must be 500 to 2000 words, with at least one photo or illustration with a bibliography where required.
SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
Each month, we’ll be awarding a £50 renewal discount for the best contribution to Facebook - BSHAA Memberspace. All you need to do is post an article that is helpful to your colleagues – any small item of information will do – this can be about a hearing aid, an assistive device, audio tech, anything even remotely relevant really!
Run a WEBINAR or pre-recorded video
Run a BSHAA webinar (of at least 45 minutes) for BSHAA. You’ll be thanked with £100 discount at the next renewal. We can help with a co-presenter and the meeting software.
Where Do I Start? Choose a Membership