Many of us have managed to get our first vaccination. This is a breakdown of how we got it:
- 32% It was organised by my employer
- 6% I received information from my CCG / health board
- 45% I got in touch with my CCG / health board myself
- 6% I was contacted by the NHS because of personal eligibility
- 8% I used the new national booking service
One member said her centre was an hour drive away!
It appears that contacting your GP directly may not be the recommended option.
One member mentioned that the GOC had been quicker to react than BSHAA. I would comment that most opticians have working relations with NHS. Indeed, I do and was offered a vaccination through the GOC / NHS association three weeks ago. The issue has been that private audiologists were slightly harder to contact than NHS staff.
Thank you to all the members who stated that BSHAA had been very helpful.
Many thanks for getting involved in informing our profession.
From ROBERT DONNAN BSHAA COUNCIL MEMBER
CHAIR, MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE